It has just been announced that through contacts in vintage racing, somone has come forward an offered a Lotus 49 for iRacing to scan.
This is fantastic news for those who love vintage racing in general, no downforce, bias-ply tires and 400 odd horsepower engines. It’s also great news for those who loved Grand Prix Legends (GPL)
I have very fond memories of VROC and racing online with the Lotus and will be lined up with many other folks to download it when it comes out late 2012.
Eric Hudec has used some of his valuable personal time to tweak the Lotus 79, based on feedback and research done by the fanatical drivers of the L79.
Updates include :
– Move a stiff collision sphere to cover the lowest point of the rear transmission/suspension pickup bulkhead.
– Increase fuel consumption 20%.
– Front and Rear anti-roll bars with seven adjustments to stiffness. The front bar will have an even increase in stiffness both above and below the previous set. The rear bar will remain the softest setting as it was but will have a stiffer maximum setting.
– Penalty for dragging the ground. Change will be similar to what’s applied to the Williams FW31, Dallara and HPD. This could change the balance, possibly substantially, if your sets are designed to scrape.
– 34.1 Imperial gallon fuel tank with 1/2 gallon fuel increments.
– Increased steering rack ratios all the way to 20:1 to help those with steering sensitivity issues.